Saint Mary’s Baptist Church was founded at 1701 Seaton Street, NW in 1950 by the late Reverend Dr. Louis Allen McCombs as "the church where everybody is somebody and Jesus Christ is Lord." In 1952, the church moved to 3900 Kansas Avenue, NW, and in 1971 moved again to its present location. Their purpose is to worship Almighty God according to the New Testament and to promote the religious, social, civil, and moral advancement of the community. Their mission is to function as an efficient body in winning souls for Jesus Christ, to preserve the Christian doctrine, and to secure the principles of our confession of faith. The church’s goal is to teach, stimulate, encourage, and develop spiritual growth for all. Rev. Daryl M. Washington is the senior pastor and the church's third pastor.